I know I'm supposed to be all, "I've made peace with my age and I love the person I'm growing to be and blah, blah, blah."
Honestly? I don't want to be 27. Or 28. Or 29. Definitely not 30.
Not yet at least. Maybe, hopefully, I'll make peace with it before I get there (30..cause pretty sure I won't in the next 2 weeks), but right now, I just don't want to be there yet.
Anytime I take a survey and have to check my age, and I have to mark 25-29 instead of 18-24, my heart cries. You may think I'm being dramatic...But I honestly notice it every time, and feel a little part of me getting older, more grey-haired and wrinkly.
So, in an effort to
1. Graduated College
This deserves to be #1. (After these first two, I'm not going in importance order) I know I also had a baby, but I spent SO much time just figuring out the logistics of if they were going to let me graduate, and how to graduate with the degree I deserved...31 phone calls from CA to ID in a 4 hour period...Yeah, it gets to be #1.
3. Had a baby with no pain meds. All while on pitocin.
Yes, this gets its own number. It's a pretty big deal.
4. Had Christmas at my house, 2 weeks after I had a baby. Including preparing the food, doing the traditional stuff, etc. (Yes, I had a TON of help from Cody and his family. But I'm putting it on the list.)
5. Tons, and tons of parties (New Years Eve (with a 3 week old), Halloween, Bachelors, Baby Showers, Surprise Baby Showers, Birthday, half birthday, etc.)
6. Celebrated Cody turning 30...and 30 1/2
8. Celebrated 7 years of marriage by going away to Santa Barbara for the weekend. It was amazing!
9. Went on an absolutely amazing vacation to St. Thomas and loved every second of it
11. Tried conch
12. Celebrated the love between 2 Bachelor's/Bachelorettes, all while watching them every week at our Bachelor/Bachelorette parties.
13. Took 3 babies on a plane all by myself, and on a 6 hour drive to Arizona by myself (where we surprised Cody for the weekend for Father's Day while he was living there for a month)
14. Bought a house
15. Found an octopus, 2 sea turtles, a pufferfish, barracudas, and multiple other fish while snorkeling.
16. Attended Book Club and had my own a few times - best one was Valentines!!
17. Did something I thought I would ever do, that is still a secret, and no, I won't tell you. (It wasn't bad. Don't worry. I'm not running from the law)
18. Had my 3rd and final Primary Program
19. Taught 20+ kids to sing every single week
20. Moved from California to Texas
21. Cooked an entire chicken
22. Made some of the best friends I've ever had. And I still can't believe I'm not still with them now.
23. Started Crossfit and loved every second of it (except when I ate a banana)
24. Took 3 kids to the beach all by myself (for the first and only time. I will never take an infant + two preschoolers to the beach alone again!)
25. Threw a baby shower for my best friend
26. Went Paleo...Then went back.
So I guess 26 was a pretty good year all-in-all. I maybe wouldn't do it all over again, but I have learned, grown, and definitely gotten older :( and maybe, hopefully, 27 will be an even better year.
26, You've been good to me. I'll miss you.