Wednesday, December 19, 2007


*WARNING* After you read this, you might think you wasted time...So think carefully before reading, cause I don't want anyone to waste time!

I know all of you want to hear about the cruise. We had a fabulous time and I want to tell all of you about the cruise. But right now I just want to talk about my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! (And if the writer's of "Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" sue me cause I used half their title in my blog I'll be even MORE mad!)

It really didn't start to get bad until this afternoon. Up until then I was happy, sweet, innocent. ...Not anymore! Let me explain...

My job works with a company, we'll call it H.A. to transport the kids to and from our agency. Recently they fired one of the co-owners, and then were bought out by a couple-who look to be my age. I mean, good for them to own a company so young, but it automatically makes me not respect them because I'm like-you don't know anything about what you're doing, you're too young....I know, I'm a jerk. I also didn't like them because the co-owner that was fired was my good friend's mom and I was aware of things probably not too many other people were aware of. Anyway. H.A. started TOTALLY screwing up everything. Our business hours are from 6:30 am to 6 pm and they weren't picking up some kids until 6:30 pm and those kids weren't getting home until 8:30 or 9 pm! Ridiculous, I know!! A lot of other stuff was going on, mostly just the owners being pretty shady. So. Nancy, the co-owner that was fired, decided to start her own company, we'll call R.S. It's been in the making for awhile now, but it's been top secret so H.A. couldn't go against her and make it bad for her. Our owner decided to tell the kid's parents that Nancy had a new company and if they wanted to switch, they could. ALL but TWO parent's switched. We knew that H.A. would have to know sometime before the switch so they could have their drivers be on different routes. We told them Monday that we were switching and the day Nancy's company opened was today. The owner of H.A. acted like we didn't switch. He still sent all the drivers to pick up our kids like it was normal. So when I saw the drivers, who are some of my good friends, and I had to tell them the kids went with someone else, and they started crying or about cried because they didn't understand why all of this was happening, it about broke my heart. I hated it. I was really proud of Nancy and really happy about her new company because it's a good thing, but really sad for the drivers of H.A. because their owners are so dumb. AND THEN at 5:45 the H.A. driver calls me and asks if one client has been picked up yet. I said no and he said he would be there to pick her up. AT 6:15-30 MINUTES LATER, and 15 minutes after we close, he shows up, and there are THREE kids he needs to pick up. And then he makes excuses for why he wasn't there because he thought she was a cancel but, oh, I guess not. I was SO close to yelling at him...And I don't yell.. I don't yell unless it's really loud and someone can't hear me..Or it was Jeff today, cause I yelled at him...But I'm not a mean yeller. And I would NEVER yell at a strange man...But I was close.

There were other reasons at work why I was going crazy, but I'm sick of talking about work so. That's all for that.

Then I came home, late, and didn't get to see Cody because I was late. So I came inside, starving, wondering what to have for dinner. I decided I wanted hot chocolate cause I was freezing, and I found a pizza. I was pretty happy with my food choices. I put the teapot on the stove and turned the burner on and the oven on for the pizza. like 6 minutes later, it took so long cause I started writing this blog, I looked to see why my water wasn't boiling yet. I TURNED ON THE WRONG BURNER and the pan on that burner was smoking. My whole kitchen was filled with smoke so I ran in, turned it off and grabbed a cookie sheet to start fanning the smoke alarm so it wouldn't go off. It did go off for about 3 seconds, but that's not too bad. I opened the door and the window and kept fanning until the smoke was gone....I'm not having hot chocolate anymore.

So. Hopefully that concludes my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...But we'll see. I'm going to go eat my pizza, play my guitar and read Harry Potter. Those will all get me in better moods.

Sorry to everyone that has now spent like 10 minutes reading this and is I just wasted 10 minutes of my day...But I warned you.


Amy said...

Such a sad day! I'm glad you're home though! We so need to talk! Love you!

April said...

ya, but don't you feel better now? Plus you probably have a nice tan which always helps me feel better.
Oh and I bought cinnamon hot chocolate and it is delicious!

Grandma Nell said...

Wow! I hope today goes better for you! And you can still have hot chocolate - just use the Cocomotion that Amy gave you - or maybe you don't have one yet? You need one, if you don't!! And I suppose you think that you are not a 'yeller' because Dan isn't around anymore!! Because it seems to me that I have heard extreme yelling coming from that sweet little mouth of yours in the past! But hopefully, you never yell anymore!!! :) Altho, I think you would have been justified in yelling at that guy! And I give you permission to do that next time - maybe even today!!! Love to you - from Mom!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...