Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Come What May...

Today is a wonderful day. I personally think we should celebrate love every day. We don't need a "valentine" or a "special someone," although that is nice. I just think we should celebrate love. There's nothing better. What if, everyday, everyone was just a little more loving? A little more patient, a little more willing to go out of their way to write a nice note, to give a little gift or to say a few sweet words. I can't wait for the world to be like that. Someday. 

It's been hard lately. Life. Life has been hard. Often times I see people and think, "They are perfect. Perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect family, perfect kids. Why can't I be like them?"

"In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see."

I think of that a lot. A lot, a lot. 

"I won’t even begin to try and enumerate the myriad things that may come our way – or what may

have already caused a deep wound in your heart. You know the landscape of your own heart – with all

its peaks and valleys – and maybe some of the valleys are also known only to the Lord, never having

been whispered to another earthly soul. I am certain the Savior knows

however, that while it may be a small moment to Him, some days on this earth seem to last for eternity,

and some moments are so painful our hearts threaten to literally break. I am certain because He has

comforted me in those quiet, painful moments that only He and I know about."
-Amy Springer

Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes its hard to remember the eternal picture. But it is there. 

I can do hard things.

One more quote from Amy.

"I have always remembered a talk given by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone while I was a student

at BYU. He said, “There is a verse that all of you have heard: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty

Dumpty had a great fall; All the king's horses And all the king's men Couldn't put Humpty together

again. But the king could, and the king can, and the king will if we will but come unto him.” Whatever

it is that has pushed us off the wall of hope into a broken state of despair or heartache – The King knows

exactly how to succor and heal each one of us. He is the “God of all comfort” because, after all, He is

also the “Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief.”"

I am grateful for that.
Come what may...and love it.

3 comments:

Christine said...

GREAT post! Thanks for sharing. :)

LynnEl Springer said...

Very great post! I love that- and how cool to quote your awesome sister! Love you both!

Amy said...

You're so awesome! Man I love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...