Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Teton Dam 5k

On June 12 my sister, Amy, brother, Seth and his wife, Katie, came to Rexburg to run the Teton Dam 5k with me! We all just hung out Friday night and Saturday morning, the 13th, was the race. On Friday I had to babysit a little boy in our ward, so Cody and Seth got a couple pizzas and brought them back to the house for us. At first the little boy only wanted to be with me, but after Seth got back, he didn't care about me at all anymore! He only wanted Seth. He wanted Seth to hold him, feed him his pizza and cuddle with him. It was so cute.

The race started at 8:30 the next morning and we were all there and ready to go! We were excited to get shirts that said "Dam Marathon" on them, but it was so small you can't even see it. We should've all been volunteers because they got orange shirts that said DAM VOLUNTEER on the back in HUGE letters. So awesome! :) I think we were all a little nervous, but it went really well! Seth and Katie took off and ran the whole thing! They did sooooo awesome. Amy and I stuck together pretty much the whole time and finished together. The ENTIRE first mile was uphill and it was so so so hard for me. After that mile it was a lot easier, but because it was all uphill my energy and excitement was pretty much gone and I just wanted to be done. At the end I was so done I just wanted to die- but I saw Seth and Katie and Cody cheering for me and Cody was smiling so big and I was like-He's so proud of me! I did it! It made all the difference! It gave me a new burst of energy! We finished and had some chocolate milk afterwards! For some reason I didn't sweat at all the whole time, so by the time I was done I was way overheated and my face was purple! Luckily I didn't pass out :) Amy was so excited afterwards and had a new love of running and exercise. Katie and Seth did awesome and Katie was like number 8 in our age group! Woohoo!

After the race Cody took Chloe home because she was sooooo grumpy and tired and the four of us stayed for prizes. Apparently just entering the race enters you into a raffle for different prizes. They were giving away things like t-shirts and loaves of bread from Great Harvest. The whole time we kept saying-Let's just pretend to be that person to get their prize. I want bread...Or I want a shirt...But we didn't steal anyone's prize. I promise! Then they announced the grand prize-a beach cruiser bike! They put together all the names from the 5k and 10k race (the half and marathon runners were entered for another bike but the 5 or 10k winner would get to pick their bike first) and pulled one out. It was for some guy that wasn't there. So they picked again, and guess who won?!?! ME!!!!! I was SCREAMING my head off and jumping up and down. The guy was like-You're on the Price is Right! Come on down!!! Because I was so so so excited. I ran down and everyone was telling me to pick the orange bike (there was an orange or black) and I had NO idea what to do. Luckily Amy came up to help me decide. She was telling me that I might be embarrassed to ride around the orange one and Cody definitely wouldn't ride it. I asked the announcer man if I could call my husband to have him help me and he said I had 30 seconds. I called Cody but it was SO loud he couldn't hear me at all. Somehow I got through that I won a bike and should I pick a boy bike or a girl bike? And I heard him say-if you pick the boy bike we both can ride it. So that decided it for me! I picked the black one!
Woohoo!!! I have NEVER had my own bike in my life, so I was thrilled to have this! I just walked it around (there were SO many people...and it was big! I was a little scared at first...) showing it off. I wanted everyone to know I was the lucky girl that won the bike!

For the rest of the day we just hung out, did a lot of this... and went to Wingers.

Sunday we went to church. After Sacrament Meeting we were deciding if we should go to class or go home. Everyone was ok with going home except we didn't know why we wouldn't stay-what else would we do at home? ...Guitar Hero, that's what! Amy loves Guitar Hero, but she was pulling for us staying at church. She was holding Chloe and said-Look at all those sinners, Chloe...Just then, Chloe spit up all over her! Amy was like-Ok, lets go home. It was so funny! We left right away.

I promise we're not sinners...We would've stayed for at least another hour if Chloe hadn't spit up so much.

That night we had a yummy dinner at Seth's friend's house from his mission. It was SO good!

All in all, we had a fabulous weekend!!!

12 comments:

Amy said...

It was SUCH a great weekend!!!!!!!!!! And I miss you and that little baby! I love the foot rubbing picture - so funny. I'm so glad you're coming here so soon! I wish I would've stayed so excited about running... Oh well -- I need to get back on that wagon.

I'm so glad we did that -- it totally needs to be a tradition! Love you!

The Osborn Family said...

Stacey I am sooo proud of you! Sounds like the greatest weekend. You are so lucky to win that awesome bike. Can't believe how big Chloe is getting. She is so adorable!

emilyl.dobson@gmail.com said...

Good job on the 5k and way to go on winning the bike! That is awesome! I am excited for you.

LynnEl Springer said...

Fun pictures to see - and I love how you told us the whole story of your awesome weekend! Great blog post!
Love, Mom

Christine said...

Great job! That is a tough race, uphill half the way?? Who thought that up?! Hopefully I'll get back into running again soon, too. :)

Ash Kelley said...

that is soooooo AWESOME! You won a BIKE!!!! holy poop thats so cool! and of course the 5K that's awesome all in itself but you also WON A BIKE!!! Way to go Stacey!!!

jonandalicia said...

Great job on running the 5K. I remember when I did and it is so fun to have your husband at the end cheering for you! Sounds like a super fun weekend and I am so jealous that you won a beach cruiser! That is so cool!!!

Gena said...

Sweeeet bike! That's awesome. And doing the 5K? You're so ambitious. I keep saying "maybe next year..." I would love to do a midnight 5K up at the school or something though this fall! Apparently the one you did is the one to do though, cool prizes and all!

Jo said...

Hooray for you! Good job running a 5k...and congrats on the bike winning! I remember you telling me you never win anything. I wish you weren't a liar! ;)

CHMomma said...

way to run girl! i couldnt do it. i love the "3 way" foot rub what a good idea

Bekah said...

So fun. I am so happy you won the bike. It is awesome.
But I'm crying. It's all just so sweet and triumphant, I guess it brings tears to my eyes. I'm really happy for you guys. What an accomplishment.

Shaylen said...

Ha ha ah ah man that is totally awesome! I wished I could have seen all that confusion, I would have been laughing so hard. Good choice! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...