Friday, February 8, 2008

It's official...I'm sick

Everytime I'm well and other people are sick I always think...It's really not THAT bad to be sick. You get to do nothing all day, and sleep and have people wait on you...And then I get sick and I remember...Yeah, it pretty much is awful.

On Tuesday I got a fever and left work early. Wednesday morning I thought I was cured! My fever was down and my throat hurt and I was still stuffed up but it was so so so much better on Tuesday. Oh, I was wrong. My fever came back full force but I stuck it out at work. I sat in my office, freezing cold, with my hat on, but winter coat on, and my space heater on-pointed straight at me. I checked my fever once while I was at work and it was 100.1..I felt like I was way hotter than that and then someone told me that that thermometer reads really low... So who knows what it really was. I went home Wednesday night and started to feel better with some meds in me...So I made cookies. (If I'm sick and I feel better for only like 5 minutes I'll find something to do...I hate giving up that time to just laying down.) I made Peanut Butter Blossoms, you know, the kind with the hershey's kiss on top? I was like-Even if I am germy it'll all just back away when I put them in the oven...I forgot that the kiss wouldn't be baking too..Oh well, I guess I'll just have to eat them all when I'm feeling better so no one else gets sick!
When Thursday came I really thought I was going to die. I laughed when I thought about how I had thought I was on the "down-hill slope" on Wednesday morning. HA. I went to all three of my classes, feeling awful for the people sitting next to me. I came home and fell asleep. I slept from 1:30 to 4:45 and when I woke up I didn't get off the couch. I couldn't even sit up on my own. I kept falling asleep on the hour and waking up an hour later, having a couple sips of water and falling asleep again. Around 9 I really had to go to the bathroom and I wanted to take out my contacts, but I didn't know if I could get up! I just kept thinking, even if I do make it to the bathroom I don't want to sit on the toilet because it's too cold!! I need someone to sit on it first for me! hahahaha, sorry, that's like way too much information. Finally Cody came home and took care of me. I fell asleep with the 7-Up he brought me in my hand and then he had to carry me to bed. I felt bad because I kept coughing and coughing in the night and waking him up...It wasn't fun for either of us.
This morning I woke up and my fever still hasn't gone away completely, but at least I can move without wanting to throw up! That's a plus. I took work off, again...and am skipping my classes today. The only bad part is that I have to take a test today and tomorrow! I'm really not excited about that. I'm hoping that I'll take some medicine and feel fine for about an hour, at least, and just go when I'm feeling my best. I just hope they don't confiscate my tissues.. I even thought about if it'd be too weird to take a bowl to the testing center...Just in case I throw up. Gross huh?

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know why it's been so long since I've posted...Hopefully I really am getting over it and it'll be gone before Sunday, because that's when the temple is getting dedicated!! Hooray!

6 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

I am so so sorry you're so sick! I am giving you a virtual hug! Love to you - and hope you feel really good really soon! Love, Mom

Amy said...

Such a sad sad story! I hope you're feeling better! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO And remember everything about the Temple Dedication to tell us!

james & erin said...

oh come on stacey being sick isnt THAT bad. hahaha just kidding! GET BETTER!

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry that you feel so awful! I hate being sick too. Make sure you load up on Vitamin C, Echinacea, water, and sleep. Also, you can rotate ibuprofen and tylenol every 2 hours instead of waiting 4 hours for your next dose. That will help keep your fever down. Anyway, I hope you are already feeling better and won't even need to hear that!

derek and michelle said...

I hope your feeling better!!! no baby yet!! but its getting close!! we will definently let you know so you can come meet our baby girl!!!

LynnEl Springer said...

Suzie - it's time to tell us if you're better or not, now! We don't want you to officially be sick anymore! I know you have no time to do your blog - but you have to at least update us that you're well again!!! Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...